Countryman products come in a variety of colors to blend in with their surroundings:
- Light beige works well for light and pink skin tones.
- Tan works very well for Caucasian skin tones as well as olive complexions.
- Cocoa is the ideal choice for very light brown to chocolate skin tones.
- Choose Black is the most popular choice for hiding against clothes. Use it for deep brown skin, or on other skin tones when you want the mic to be visible.
When in doubt about a skin tone match, choose the darker option. That’s because a mic that’s too light can resemble a scar or blemish, while a mic that’s slightly darker than the background resembles a shadow and draws less attention.
Countryman Omnidirectional Earsets come with three protective caps (+0dB, +4dB, and +8dB). The three omni caps each have a different high frequency response characteristic that controls the amount of crispness or sibilance (response at 15 kHz). The omni ships with the +4 dB protective cap fitted to the mic. We have found that this cap’s frequency response meets the needs of the majority of users, providing a slightly increased response in the 15 kHz range. This will boost the perceived amount of presence in your sound, while leaving the lower frequencies unchanged. If you experience problems with high-frequency feedback, you should switch to the +0 dB cap. The Earset should always be used with a protective cap in place to keep sweat, makeup and other foreign material out of the microphone.
- E6 Omnidirectional Protective Cap
We’re here to help