Countryman products come in a variety of colors to blend in with their surroundings:
- Light beige works well for light and pink skin tones.
- Tan works very well for Caucasian skin tones as well as olive complexions.
- Cocoa is the ideal choice for very light brown to chocolate skin tones.
- Choose Black is the most popular choice for hiding against clothes. Use it for deep brown skin, or on other skin tones when you want the mic to be visible.
When in doubt about a skin tone match, choose the darker option. That’s because a mic that’s too light can resemble a scar or blemish, while a mic that’s slightly darker than the background resembles a shadow and draws less attention.
The H6 Omnidirectional Headset rejects unwanted sound and feedback better than a lavalier almost any way you wear it, so it’s very user-friendly for new and experienced users alike.
- The H6 omnidirectional Headset is the right choice for most applications.
- For situations where there are loud monitors, extreme feedback or environmental noise, choose the H6 Directional Headset (marked with a green band).
The directional H6 Headset has either a cardioid or hypercardioid pick up pattern, depending on which of the two included protective caps is placed on the microphone. Directional microphones require more careful placement and are subject to more handling and wind noise.
Making a microphone more sensitive to catch soft sounds means it will overload sooner for loud sounds. Because sound pressure levels vary between individuals and applications, we provide three sensitivities for the H6:
- The highest gain (W5, no colored band) is for general speaking, such as presentations or sermons, and is the most popular option.
- The medium gain (W6, blue band) is for very loud speaking, such as in theater, and most vocal
- In rare cases, the most powerful vocals require the highest overload (W7, purple band)
The H6 Headset Microphone Boom can be purchased separately from the H6 Head-frame and the H6 Cable. It includes an ultraminature microphone element on a stainless steel boom, terminated with the H6 Snap-On connector. Select the mic sensitivity and color based on your application’s needs.
- H6 Headset Microphone Boom
We’re here to help