The world’s favorite earset.
The low-profile E6 provides natural sound with exceptional isolation from noise and feedback.
Countryman Earsets are the smallest, lightest, and least visible head-worn microphones.
The E6 detachable connector makes cable or transmitter changes easy.
Rugged and Reliable
The E6 Earset’s stainless steel, boom is incredibly tough and can be bent and re-bent many times to fit different performers. The E6 is highly resistant to makeup, sweat and moisture when used with the supplied protective caps. The aramid-reinforced cable and braided RF shielding are ready for years of service in demanding environments.
With a weight of .07 oz the E6 Earset is as light as it gets! You‘ll forget it’s even there.
FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
“Over the years our church has tried many different microphones, with some models yielding better results than others. None have worked as well as our Countryman microphones. Their sound quality, clarity, and ability to deliver the levels we need in any situation have made Countryman the microphone of choice for every application.”
– Joey Halderman, Technical Director of Student Ministries – Atascadero Bible Church
Watch The E6 Fitting Video
Brand is the manufacturer of the wireless transmitter or digital recorder which will be used with the microphone.
- Model is the model number of the transmitter pack or digital recorder. Choose “Hardwired” for a phantom powered XLR3 connection.
Countryman products come in a variety of colors to blend in with their surroundings:
- Light beige works well for light and pink skin tones.
- Tan works very well for Caucasian skin tones as well as olive complexions.
- Cocoa is the ideal choice for very light brown to chocolate skin tones.
- Choose Black is the most popular choice for hiding against clothes. Use it for deep brown skin, or on other skin tones when you want the mic to be visible.
When in doubt about a skin tone match, choose the darker option. That’s because a mic that’s too light can resemble a scar or blemish, while a mic that’s slightly darker than the background resembles a shadow and draws less attention.
Flexibility is the springiness or softness of the metal boom that positions the microphone and wraps around your ear.
- The classic E6 is a good choice when one person will wear the microphone. Because the boom is stiffer, once it is adjusted to fit the user’s face, it can be stored away, unpacked, and quickly worn with a minimum of fuss.
- The E6i is soft and highly-flexible with a larger silicone rubber ear piece. When multiple users share a mic, the E6i is a great choice. The soft boom is fantastically durable and the extreme flexibility makes changing users a breeze.
- The E6 Flex offers a versatile blend of the E6 and the E6i. With a springy, thin earpiece and a flexible boom, the E6 Flex is faster to fit a new face than any other earset microphone available—all without compromising true invisibility and world class sound. The E6 Flex is marked with an orange band.
The E6 Omnidirectional Earset rejects unwanted sound and feedback better than a lavalier almost any way you wear it, so it’s very user-friendly for new and experienced users alike.
- The E6 omnidirectional Earset is the right choice for most applications.
- For situations where there are loud monitors, extreme feedback or environmental noise, choose the E6 Directional Earset (marked with a green band).
The directional E6 Earset has either a cardioid or hypercardioid pick up pattern, depending on which of the two included protective caps is placed on the microphone. Directional microphones require more careful placement and are subject to more handling and wind noise.
Making a microphone more sensitive to catch soft sounds means it will overload sooner for loud sounds. Because sound pressure levels vary between individuals and applications, we provide three sensitivities for the E6:
- The highest gain (W5, no colored band) is for general speaking, such as presentations or sermons, and is the most popular option.
- The medium gain (W6, blue band) is for very loud speaking, such as in theater, and most vocal
- In rare cases, the most powerful vocals require the highest overload (W7, purple band)
E6 Cables are available in two diameters: 1mm for minimum visibility, and 2mm for maximum durability. The 1mm cable can barely be seen when worn. The 2mm cable is slightly more visible, but provides more than 50 lbs of tensile strength.
Our most popular microphone, the extremely low-profile E6 Earset delivers beautifully uncolored audio while rejecting surrounding noise and feedback. An ultra-miniature electret condenser element is held close to the mouth by a thin boom and comfortable earpad. Three sensitivity options cover general speaking applications through extremely powerful vocals. Four colors allow you to match the E6 to your skin tone for minimum visibility. The element is available as a water- and wind-resistant omnidirectional microphone or as a pattern-changeable directional microphone for maximum isolation and gain before feedback. The boom adjusts for a custom fit and is available in our classic springy style, the extremely flexible “i” style, or the Flex style providing a soft boom in front and a springy ear section.
- E6 Earset microphone
- Detachable cable.
- Black and White Single Tie Cable Clips
- Omnidirectional Protective Caps (+0, +4, and +8 included with Omnidirectional Earsets)
- Directional Protective Caps (Hypercardioid and Cardioid included with Directional Earsets)
- Carrying Case
Omnidirectional: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Directional: 30 Hz to 15 kHz
|Operating Current:||500 uA|
|Operating Voltage:||1 to 2 Volts|
|Power Supply Voltage:||
+3V with 2.7 kOhm load
+5V with 6.8 kOhm load
+9V with 15 kOhm load
|Weight:||0.07 oz (2 g)|
Omnidirectional W5 (no band): 7.0 mV/Pascal
Omnidirectional W6 (blue band): 2.0 mV/Pascal
Omnidirectional W7 (purple band): 0.7 mV/Pascal
Directional W5 (no band): 6.0 mV/Pascal
Directional W6 (blue band): 1.9 mV/Pascal
Directional W7 (purple band): 0.6 mV/Pascal
|Equivalent Acoustic Noise:||
W5: 24 dBA
W6: 29 dBA
W7: 39 dBA
|Overload Sound Level:||
Omnidirectional W5: 120 dB SPL
Omnidirectional W6: 130 dBA SPL
Omnidirectional W7: 140 dBA SPL
Directional W5: 125 dBA SPL
Directional W6: 135 dBA SPL
Directional W7: 145 dBA SPL
We’re here to help