The smallest lavalier in the world, exceptional performance that hides anywhere.
Smaller than the cable of other lavaliers, the B6 is easily hidden in hair or on costumes, or taped to a performer’s face. The B6 comes in five colors to match clothing, hair, and skin tones, or use a felt tip marker to color the white caps for near-perfect concealability. Never suffer the hassle and degraded sound quality of underclothing miking again.
Exceptional Sound Quality
The highest-quality audio available in a lavalier mic. Low distortion at SPL up to 140 dB on 48 V Phantom Power. The aramid cable and ultra-thin diaphragm combine to set a new standard for low handling noise. The
tiny size and natural sound pickup make the B6 easy to position for ambient noise and feedback rejection.
Rugged and Reliable
The B6 is exceptionally resistant to makeup, sweat, and moisture when used with the supplied protective caps, and is well-suited to use in hair or on the body. The protective caps are easily removed for cleaning or replacement, and the aramid-reinforced cable gives it world-class survivability.
Swappable protective caps let you shape the frequency response for different situations or to match other microphones. Detachable connectors allow you to interface to hundreds of wireless transmitters, recorders, and other equipment. Versions available for different speaking or singing styles, with up to 140 dB SPL capability.
FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
“For a series that showcases transportation technology, Translogic did a story on a water powered ‘jet wakeboard’ that literally enables the operator to fly as high as 40 feet while tethered to a personal watercraft. The Countryman B6 offers a wonderful, customizable sound by way of its interchangeable frequency response caps and its submersible design made it perfect for this project.”
– Colin Hart, President – HartFX, LLC
Watch The Video
- Brand is the manufacturer of the wireless transmitter or digital recorder which will be used with the microphone.
- Model is the model number of the transmitter pack or digital recorder.Choose “Hardwired” for a phantom powered XLR3 connection.
Countryman products come in a variety of colors to blend in with their surroundings:
- White is a versatile choice for light-colored fabrics. Use a felt-tip permanent marker to dye white caps for a custom color match to clothing.
- Light beige works well for light and pink skin tones.
- Tan works very well for Caucasian skin tones as well as olive complexions.
- Cocoa is the ideal choice for very light brown to chocolate skin tones.
- Choose Black is the most popular choice for hiding against clothes. Use it for deep brown skin, or on other skin tones when you want the mic to be visible.
When in doubt about a skin tone match, choose the darker option. That’s because a mic that’s too light can resemble a scar or blemish, while a mic that’s slightly darker than the background resembles a shadow and draws less attention.
B6 Detachable Connectors interface to a wide variety of wireless transmitter packs or an XLR input. This feature provides extreme flexibility for rental companies, consultants, or anyone else working at multiple venues or with different wireless systems.
- Choose the Fixed option F for a permanently-connected wireless or XLR connector.
- Chose the Detachable option for a microphone terminated with a threaded end and a separate B6 Detachable Connector.
Only one tenth of an inch in diameter, the B6 is the smallest lavalier in the world and outperforms microphones many times its size. The swappable protective caps provide moisture resistance and color options and let you shape the frequency response to suit different applications or to match other microphones. With exceptionally low handling noise and rugged construction, the B6 is the ideal choice for theater, broadcast, churches, and general lavalier applications.
- B6 Omnidirectional Lavalier microphone
- Detachable wireless adapter (optional)
- B6 Cables Clips
- B6 Protective Caps (+0, +4, +8)
- Carrying Case
|Frequency Response:||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Operating Current:||500 uA|
|Operating Voltage:||1 to 2 Volts|
|Power Supply Voltage:||
+3V with 2.7 kOhm load
+5V with 6.8 kOhm load
+9V with 15 kOhm load
|Weight:||0.07 oz (2 g)|
W4 (standard, gray band): 16.0 mV/Pa (-36 dB re 1V/Pa)
W5 (mid, red band): 7.0 mV/Pa (-43 dB re 1V/Pa)
W6 (low, blue band): 2.0 mV/Pa (-54 dB re 1V/Pa)
|Equivalent Acoustic Noise:||
W4: 24 dBA
W5: 29 dBA
W6: 39 dBA
|Overload Sound Level:||
W4: 120 dB SPL
W5: 130 dBA SPL
W6: 140 dBA SPL
We’re here to help