The smallest directional lavalier in the world.
Huge performance in a tiny package
Vibration Isolating Clips
Our isolation clips minimize clothing and vibration noise, while allowing 360 degree rotation of the mic for easy positioning. We offer single and double isolation clips—as well as a magnetic isolation clip—in five different colors.
The optional B2D detachable connectors interface to a wide variety of wireless transmitter packs or an XLR input. This feature provides extreme flexibility for rental companies, consultants, or anyone else working at multiple venues or with different wireless systems.
The B2D cable is aramid-reinforced and ready for years of service in demanding environments.
Designed to Hide
Mounted in eyeglasses or behind a shirt button, the five available colors and three sensitivity options make it easy to choose a B2D Lavalier that delivers outstanding sound quality without visual distraction in your application.
FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
“About two years ago the church extended the podium position forward so that it is now located almost directly underneath the main PA wash. The B2D’s ability to reject the sound from the house sound system is nothing short of amazing. I’ve tried several other mics from various manufacturers and none of them had the performance capabilities of the B2D.”
– Andy Terrell, Media Director – First Baptist Church Snellville
Brand is the manufacturer of the wireless transmitter or digital recorder which will be used with the microphone. Model is the model number of the transmitter pack or digital recorder. Choose “Hardwired” for a phantom powered XLR3 connection. Choose “Lavalier Only” for a detachable B2D Directional Lavalier with threaded termination and no included Detachable Connector.
The B2D is available in three different sensitivity options—lower sensitivity means higher overload level.:
- Choose W4 for standard chest-worn applications.
- Choose W5 for close miking, such as on eyeglasses.
Countryman products come in a variety of colors to blend in with their surroundings:
- White is a versatile choice for light-colored fabrics. Use a felt-tip permanent marker to dye white caps for a custom color match to clothing.
- Light beige works well for light and pink skin tones.
- Tan works very well for Caucasian skin tones as well as olive complexions.
- Cocoa is the ideal choice for very light brown to chocolate skin tones.
- Choose Black is the most popular choice for hiding against clothes. Use it for deep brown skin, or on other skin tones when you want the mic to be visible.
When in doubt about a skin tone match, choose the darker option. That’s because a mic that’s too light can resemble a scar or blemish, while a mic that’s slightly darker than the background resembles a shadow and draws less attention.
B2D Detachable Connectors interface to a wide variety of wireless transmitter packs or an XLR input. This feature provides extreme flexibility for rental companies, consultants, or anyone else working at multiple venues or with different wireless systems.
- Choose the Fixed option F for a permanently-connected wireless or XLR connector.
- Chose the Detachable option for a microphone terminated with a threaded end and a separate B2D Detachable Connector.
The B2D is easily the smallest directional lavalier in the world, with the next smallest mic being more than twice its size. Combined with exceptional sound quality and isolation, this tiny package opens up a new set of miking options that were previously unavailable. The tight hypercardioid pattern gives the B2D an extra 6-10 dB of headroom compared to an omni lav, meaning less problems with feedback, ambient noise, room rumble, and phase cancellations with multiple mics.
- B2D Directional Lavalier microphone
- Detachable wireless adapter (optional)
- Single Isolation Clip
- Protective Cap
- Carrying Case
|Frequency Response:||50 Hz to 18 kHz|
|Operating Current:||500 uA|
|Operating Voltage:||1 to 2 Volts|
|Power Supply Voltage:||
+3V with 2.7 kOhm load
+5V with 6.8 kOhm load
+9V with 15 kOhm load
|Weight:||0.07 oz (2 g)|
W4 (standard, gray band): 6.0 mV/Pa (-44 dB re 1V/Pa)
W5 (mid, red band): 2.0 mV/Pa (-54 dB re 1V/Pa)
W6 (low, blue band): 0.7 mV/Pa (-63 dB re 1V/Pa)
|Equivalent Acoustic Noise:||
W4: 34 dBA
W5: 39 dBA
W6: 44 dBA
|Overload Sound Level:||
W4: 120 dB SPL
W5: 130 dBA SPL
W6: 140 dBA SPL
We’re here to help